Dec 30, 2010

MedicalConspiracies- Fw: Living Freedom » Blog Archive » Aaron Zelman, RIP

News Link  •  Gun Rights
Aaron Zelman, RIP
12-29-2010  •  Backwoods Home Magazine 
Aaron Zelman, the founder of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, has died at the age of 64. 
 
 

Aaron Zelman, RIP

OMG. I just learned that Aaron Zelman, founder, guiding spirit, and chief cook and bottle washer of JPFO, has died. More than a week ago.

I woke up this morning to a reader's letter, passed along by BHM's webmaster, Oliver. I could hardly believe it. Then I found the above-linked mini-obituary that sadly says so little of the man. There should be so much more! I hope there will soon be tributes all over the 'Net.

Aaron and I worked together for seven years. I admired him and even though he could be crazy-making at times, he had one of the most creative minds I've ever encountered and he was unfailingly a gentleman and a gentle-spoken man. He created a unique niche in the gun-rights movement and I hope JPFO can continue without him.

Aaron was born with Marfan Syndrome, which can cause a host of related problems, some potentially fatal. I don't know what he died from, but between that and his Type-A, hard-driving nature, it's not surprising, though it's shocking and tragic, that he died so young. Rather, I tell myself it shouldn't be surprising. Yet Aaron was such a powerful personality, it's hard to think of him being extinguished.

UPDATE: Please see my comment with a request from JPFO and the Zelman family below this post.

0 comments: